Download the Primary Years Programme Brochure
- With careful guidance, students take responsibility for their own learning.
- They develop themselves as inquisitive, reflective, open-minded, thoughtful, balanced, communicative, caring people.
- They are allowed to adapt and improve themselves in the world in which they have to live.
Download the Middle Years Programme Brochure
- To create people who are focussed on learning, responsible, balanced, creative, critical and reflective thinkers.
- The development of an international mindset.
- To acquire the ability to form practical connections between studies and the real world.
IB® Diploma Programme.
- To prepare students for university, to encourage them to learn how to learn, to ask themselves questions, to develop a strong personal and cultural identity and the ability to understand other people from other countries and cultures and to communicate with them.
A two year course with 6 subject groups for each speciality:
- Baccalaureate in Humanities
- Baccalaureate in Sciences
All students, in addition to those subjects, should satisfy the requirements of three core components:
- CAS (Creativity, Activity and Service): A fundamental Diploma element helping students to develop themselves as people beyond the limits of the purely academic.
- Theory of Knowledge (TdC): Encourages students to reflect on the nature of scientific, artistic, mathematical and historical knowledge.
- Dissertation: A work of research, in depth, on a specific subject of interest to the student, which should contain a maximum of 4000 words and will prepare them for the requirements of a future university career.
Download the Diploma Programme Brochure
- Internal: Work is evaluated by SEK-Atlantico teachers and moderated by IB®
- External: External examinations at the end of the 2nd year, the same for students all over the world and marked externally by teachers accredited by IB®
2021 IB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME SCHOOL STATISTIC
- Number of Diploma Candidates registered in the session: 53
- Number of candidates who passed the Diploma: 53
- Highest Diploma points awarded to a candidate: 45 out of 45
- World Diploma average total points 33 out of 45
- Average points obtained by candidates at SEK-Atlántico: 37.2
- World Diploma Average Total Points: 5.85